BROADCASTING, ENTERTAINMENT AND MEDIA
Members of Monckton Chambers have significant experience of the media and entertainment sector. We act for broadcasters, content providers, sellers of sports rights, Ofcom and many others. Examples of work cover a huge range: litigation and advice in connection with the sale of sports rights; the provision of electronic programme guides on digital television platforms; state aid issues relating to public service broadcasting; and advising digital broadcasters on convergence issues under the Communications Act and European regulatory framework.
Notable cases include (please click on the links for details):
- R (TVDanmark 1 Ltd) v Independent Television Commission (House of Lords)
- Bookmakers Afternoon Greyhound Services Ltd & Others v Amalgamated Racing Ltd & Others (Court of Appeal)
- Football Association Premier League Limited and Others v QC Leisure (A Trading Name) and Others (High Court)
- Bacardi v TV Française (TF1) (European Court of Justice)
- Television GmbH v Niedersächsische Landesmedienanstalt Rundfunk (European Court of Justice)