Monckton Chambers has considerable experience in this sector. The competition and EU free movement rules play an important role in the pricing and trade of pharmaceutical products. Members advise regularly on these issues and have appeared in a number of leading cases.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Definition of "medicinal products" in domestic and EU law
- Domestic and EU marketing authorisation regimes
- Licensing regimes applicable to human tissue and human reproductive material
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) approval process
- Regulation of pharmaceutical data
- Rules governing "nutritional products"
- Pharmaceutical distribution arrangements
- Professional regulation of pharmacists and pharmacy technicians under domestic and EU law
- Public procurement of pharmaceuticals and medical equipment
Notable cases include (please click on the links for details):